Hello, already great congratulations! But I need help, I bought the Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter packs but I can't get them to work on my creation, could you help me? Thank you ! Michael
Special Effects - Weather
A downloadable asset pack
This asset pack has an assortment of sprites and animated tiles you can use to add a variety of common weather types to your top-down RPG or adventure game. It includes the following weather possibilities:
- Cloud Cover - Use auto-tiled cloud silhouette shapes to paint cloud shadows on top of your map. You could potentially code them to move slowly across the map, or cover everything to create a cloudy day ripe for rain.
- Rainfall - There are two different intensities of rainfall, which can be overlapped/combined for a third, in the form of 32x128 sprites, each with 8 frames of animation. Sprinkle around the included 8-frame animated rain splash tile for added effect.
- Snowfall - Just like the rain, you'll find two intensities of 8-frame animated snowfall. Then you can blanket the ground in a diverse snowfall autotile to turn any tileset into a winter map (NEW!)
- Lightning Strikes - You can use the two included 32x128 pixel lightning bolt sprites to flash lightning onto your map during a rainstorm.
- Snow cover - A terrain brush-friendly autotile you can use to cover the ground with snow. This is the same as the one found in my Winter Forest tileset.
There are some other things I would like to add in the future, such as gusts of wind, fog, and sandstorms. That eventual update will likely come with a price increase, but it will be free for anyone who already owns this asset.
Note: The asset includes a "using these effects" text file to help explain how things are laid out and are intended to be used. Please read it!
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Loved the rain and snow animations, altho, i don't quite understand what's the auto-tile format for clouds u_u kinda need help over there...