would be nice to see a preview
Pixel Art Effects - Weather
A downloadable asset pack
This asset pack has an assortment of sprites and animated tiles you can use to add a variety of common weather types to your top-down RPG or adventure game. It includes the following weather possibilities:
- Cloud Cover - Use auto-tiled cloud silhouette shapes to paint cloud shadows on top of your map. You could potentially code them to move slowly across the map, or cover everything to create a cloudy day ripe for rain.
- Rainfall - There are two different intensities of rainfall, which can be overlapped/combined for a third, in the form of 32x128 sprites, each with 8 frames of animation. Sprinkle around the included 8-frame animated rain splash tile for added effect.
- Snowfall - Just like the rain, you'll find two intensities of 8-frame animated snowfall. Then you can blanket the ground in a diverse snowfall autotile to turn any tileset into a winter map (NEW!)
- Lightning Strikes - You can use the two included 32x128 pixel lightning bolt sprites to flash lightning onto your map during a rainstorm.
- Snow cover - A terrain brush-friendly autotile you can use to cover the ground with snow. This is the same as the one found in my Winter Forest tileset.
There are some other things I would like to add in the future, such as gusts of wind, fog, and sandstorms. That eventual update will likely come with a price increase, but it will be free for anyone who already owns this asset.
Note: The asset includes a "using these effects" text file to help explain how things are laid out and are intended to be used. Please read it!
- Visit the Mana Seed Website
- See the full Mana Seed Collection
- Buy everything in one bundle
- Support me on Patreon or Ko-fi
- Commission new Mana Seed assets
- Join my Discord Server
- Read the Mana Seed User License
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
love the weather effects!
I wished there would be falling leaves and falling cherry blossoms as well :D
There are individual leaves in each of my seasonal forest packs. You could give those a look 🤷♀️
Hello, already great congratulations! But I need help, I bought the Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter packs but I can't get them to work on my creation, could you help me? Thank you ! Michael