This is beautiful; you do a great job.
Tileset - Winter Forest
A downloadable asset pack
This beautifully detailed pixel art tileset is loaded with a huge variety of tools to create an expansive wilderness in any kind of top-down RPG or adventure game. The tiles are 16x16, and the style is designed to emulate the look and feel of classic SNES RPGs such as Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. In this tileset you'll find the following elements:
- 5 different ground textures (regular grass, sunken grass, dirt, cobblestone, and snow), each with plenty of variation, and auto-tiled to blend into the environment.
- A transparent auto-tiled dead fallen leaf texture for covering any other type of ground texture or hiding a transition. Also included is a version covered in snow.
- Cliffs of varying height that transitions into snow, grass, dirt, water, or overhang, complete with stairs and a cave entrance.
- Standing water, both shallow and deep, with a 6 frame animated waterfall.
- Animated sparkles, cattails, and lily pads to decorate your water.
- 3 different leafless trees (chestnut, maple, and birch) in fallen leaves, no fallen leaves, and snow-covered variants.
- Stumps, fallen logs, branches, and leaves for each tree type, both with and without snow.
- All trees and stumps have variations for placement on either grass or dirt.
- 4 different smaller plants from 1 tile to 2x2 tiles in size, all both dry or snow-covered.
- 6 different mushrooms that grow in autumn.
- Tall winter grass with cut version and falling blades (so you can incorporate grass cutting into your game).
- 7 different rocks, set in snow, grass, dirt, or water, all provided with and without a blanket of snow.
- Small tufts of grass and clumps of dirt or snow to place at the base of your buildings to help blend them into the environment better.
- A few semi-transparent shadow tiles for adding depth to your cliffs.
- Separate sheets for clean, fallen leaves, and snowy versions, for even more customization options.
In addition to the tileset itself, this asset pack also includes a series of sample maps assembled in Tiled (TMX/TSX files), which help demonstrate how many elements are intended to function, as well as providing some ideas for maps of your own. Note: These maps are only compatible with the tileset layout in version 1.0. They are incompatible with update 2.0.
- See the full Mana Seed Collection
- Support me on Patreon
- Commission me on Ko-fi
- Join my Discord Server
- Mana Seed User License
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $24.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: