Really nice! Just bought. I having trouble making the ocean in the angles used in your displayed images. Is it possible to add a gif with the water only from animated gif?
Tileset - Tropical Shores
A downloadable asset pack
Time for your adventurers to hit the beach! This beautifully detailed 16x16-pixel tileset is perfect for a top-down RPG or adventure game in a classic colorful 16-bit art style. Here's a list of everything you'll find in this tileset:
- A sand texture with 6 variant tiles
- 4 rocks-on-sand tiles
- 4 grass-on-sand tiles
- 2 different versions of a coconut buried in the sand
- A dirt texture with 5 variant tiles (matches the dirt in my seasonal forest tilesets so you can recolor for easy blending)
- Blending sand to dirt corner-to-corner autotile
- A bunch of plants!
- Fan palm tree
- Coconut palm tree (with and without coconuts)
- Mango tree (with and without mangos)
- Banana plant (with and without bananas)
- Coffee bean plant
- Pineapple plant
- A 2x2-tile fern
- A 1x2-tile fern
- A 1x1-tile flowering plant
- 16x16 inventory icons for tropical fruit
- Banana bunch
- Coffee beans
- Roasted coffee beans
- Super flexible stone cliffs
- Both sand and dirt variants
- Cave openings on sand or dirt (perfect for transitioning to my Muddy Cave tileset)
- Verticle cliff stairs on sand or dirt
- 1x3-tile optional side-cliffs for extra detail
- 4-frame semi-transparent animated shoreline and water texture
- Deepening blue underwater tiles for suggesting depth
In addition to everything found on the 256x256 sheet listed above, I've also included a few extras:
- A separate sheet of prefabs to help you setup your terrain brushes and demonstrates how some elements are supposed to work.
- A sample map file (TMX) with the prefabs and terrain brushes already configured (requires Tiled).
- A separate sheet with just the trees (for sprite layer objects when using Tiled).
- A small bonus tileset with flexible semi-transparent shadows (for giving your cliffs some depth).
I put a lot of work into this one and it's one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it!
P.S. The header map was designed by the talented Sundial Shark.
P.S.S. The mockup seen among the screenshots was made using this free CRT Viewer 😁
- Visit the Mana Seed Website
- See the full Mana Seed Collection
- Buy everything in one bundle
- Support me on Patreon or Ko-fi
- Commission new Mana Seed assets
- Join my Discord Server
- Read the Mana Seed User License
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Small UpdateMar 20, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Did you take a look at the included prefabs? Samples of the water should be in there.
Thanks for responding. Yes, I just saw circle shapes. The gif is angled nicely and I can't seem to create that effect.
My samples make use of flipped tiles. For example, the tileset only contains one corner tile, but if you mirror it horizontally and/or vertically, it works for all 4 corners.
The animation is a 4-frame loop and runs vertically on the sheet for all the water tiles.
If you need more help, i encourage you to join the Mana Seed Discord server. I or someone else can provide you more hands-on assistance.
Thanks. I figured out the four directions. The gif shown has the diagonal angle, which I don't see anywhere. I guess there's no diagonal angle included. Thanks for responding.
This is great. You can make both tropical beaches and deserts with it! Super! Especially glad to finally have more plats and trees (please make even more trees in the future!).
Makes me want to go on holiday!