Beautiful work! I was surprised to see that the ground textures consist of only 19 tiles, not the 47 needed for a 'complete' autotile. Which would be great for a farming RPG. Also, would you mind including the colour palette in the files, too?
Tileset - Summer Forest
A downloadable asset pack
This beautifully detailed and colorful pixel art tileset is loaded with a huge variety of tools to create an expansive wilderness in any kind of top-down RPG or adventure game. The tiles are 16x16, and the style is designed to emulate the look and feel of classic SNES RPGs such as Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. In this tileset you'll find the following elements:
- 4 different ground textures (regular grass, sunken grass, dirt, cobblestone), each with plenty of variation, and auto-tiled to blend into the environment.
- A transparent auto-tiled undergrowth texture for covering any other type of ground texture or hiding a transition.
- Cliffs of varying height that transitions into grass, dirt, water, or overhang, complete with stairs and a cave entrance.
- Standing water, both shallow and deep, with a 6 frame animated waterfall.
- Animated sparkles, cats tails, and lily pads to decorate your water.
- 3 different trees (chestnut, maple, and birch)
- Stumps, fallen logs, branches, and leaves for each tree type.
- All trees and stumps have variations for placement on either grass or dirt.
- 4 different smaller plants.
- 6 different mushrooms that grow in summer.
- Flowering grass tiles in 8 variations.
- Tall grass with cut version and falling blades (so you can incorporate grass cutting into your game).
- 7 different rocks, each set in grass, dirt, or water.
- Small tufts of grass and lumps of dirt to place at the base of your buildings to help blend them into the environment better.
- A few semi-transparent shadow tiles for adding depth to your cliffs.
In addition to the tileset itself, this asset pack also includes a series of sample maps assembled in Tiled (TMX files), which help demonstrate how many elements are intended to function, as well as providing some ideas for maps of your own. Note: These maps are only compatible with the tileset layout in version 1.3a. They are incompatible with update 2.0.
- See the full Mana Seed Collection
- Support me on Patreon
- Commission me on Ko-fi
- Join my Discord Server
- Mana Seed User License
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $24.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm sorry it doesn't have all the exact tiles for your needs. I'm guessing you're referring to single tile lines, ends, corners, intersections, etc? Unfortunately, I didn't make this tileset with that particular type of gameplay in mind, but you're more than welcome to do some sprite bashing to make the ones that are missing for your system. If you can't do that then maybe adjust your gameplay to remove that issue. 2x2 tiles is the smallest unit of measure for this autotile, so maybe have players dig out bigger patches of dirt? 🤷♀️
I've made a note to add color palettes the next time I revisit the seasonal forest assets for a future update 👍
You're right, I'll just go with it! Maybe I'll just skip this whole tilling the soil. Who needs that? It's the least fun part. 😁
Wow, so detailed! I like all the detail going on with the water and the overpass over the river.
Love what your putting together, convinced me to sign on for your patreon to keep up to date on this cool stuff!
Hello, one question: is this compatible with RPG Make MV? Curious since I'd be willin' to invest in this tileset for my game! Thank you!
This is an amazing tileset! I'm glad I'm supporting you on Patreon :)