Hi Seliel, I just bought this asset pack and it is really beautiful. Would you be able to tell me what the tiles I circled are used for? Thanks!
Pixel Art Tileset - Desert Sands
A downloadable asset pack
A perilous journey across a blistering desert awaits your adventurers. This beautifully detailed 16x16-pixel tileset is perfect for a top-down RPG or adventure game in a classic colorful 16-bit art style. Here's a list of everything you'll find in this tileset:
- A sand texture with 6 variant tiles (same as the sand from my Tropical Shores tileset, so you can add a shoreline to this tileset if you make some color edits)
- 4 rocks-on-sand tiles
- 4 grass-on-sand tiles
- 2 large sand dunes
- 4-frame shifting sands animation
- Animal skull and ribs half-buried in sand
- A person-high termite mound
- A dirt texture with 5 variant tiles (matches the dirt in my seasonal forest tilesets so you can recolor for easy blending)
- Blending sand to dirt corner-to-corner autotile
- A bunch of plants!
- Fan palm tree
- Coconut palm tree (with and without coconuts)
- 2 large saguaro cactuses
- 2 barrel cactuses
- 3 prickly pear cactuses of varying size
- Prickly pear cactus bearing fruit
- Prickly pear fruit inventory icon
- 2 tumbleweeds, large and small (plus a shadow sprite so you can have them rolling across the desert)
- Super flexible stone cliffs
- Both sand and dirt variants
- Cave openings on sand or dirt (perfect for transitioning to my Muddy Cave tileset)
- Verticle cliff stairs on sand or dirt
- 1x3-tile optional side-cliffs for extra detail
- A shallow water texture with 5 variant tiles (matches the water in my seasonal forest tilesets so you can recolor for easy blending)
In addition to everything found on the 256x256 sheet listed above, I've also included a few extras:
- Color variants for both the cliffs and the water tiles
- Easily sliceable sheets with objects of similar size.
- A separate sheet of prefabs to help you set up your terrain brushes.
- A sample map file (TMX) with the prefabs and terrain brushes already configured (requires Tiled).
- A small bonus tileset with flexible semi-transparent shadows (for giving your cliffs some depth).
When they're done in the desert, set your players up for some other exotic locales:
P.S. The header map was designed by the talented TurtleBaseAlpha.
- Visit the Mana Seed Website
- See the full Mana Seed Collection
- Buy everything in one bundle
- Support me on Patreon or Ko-fi
- Commission new Mana Seed assets
- Join my Discord Server
- Read the Mana Seed User License
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Do these work with RPG Maker MZ? Also, do these get updated over time?
Could you explain how the sand animation is supposed to be set up?
It's a 4-frame looping animation. You slice the sheet 16x32 (that's in the filename). Run the loop at whatever speed works for you. You can run it mirrored or rotated horizontally. Look at the preview image on this page that says "Includes a variety of desert vegetation" to see the animation in action.
Seliel, for the reference photos do you hire a map builder or do you do it yourself?